02 September 2014

Doctor, meeting, and lunch

Yesterday morning, the doctor told me I've done and am doing the right thing for my busted finger. Wear the splint for a month, he said — I'm assuming that means for another month — and then I'll see the result. If all goes well, I won't need surgery.


Meanwhile, as I mentioned, I had an appointment in Ligueil, a little town just 10 miles south of Loches, yesterday morning. It all came off like clockwork, under beautiful blue skies (the drive, I mean). More about the purpose of the rendez-vous later. Afterwards, we had a good lunch in the restaurant pictured above, Le George Sand, in Loches. Behind and above the restaurant, you can see the Eglise Sant-Ours and the Logis Royal, both in the old part of the town, up on a steep hill.

15 comments:

  1. I'm interested that you enjoyed the George Sand restaurant. My experiences of the hotel from a few years ago were not so good and others have said the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word is that the George Sand changed hands a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  2. A comment from one of your companions at the meal to Pauline...
    was that the meal was very nice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very glad to hear about the finger, too!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful place, I hope the finger is back on the keyboard soon,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see Loches from that angle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very nice picture. I'm glad you didn't hurt the finger you use for taking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a wonderful setting. I'm glad to hear that the "new hands" are doing a better job than the previous owners.
    Keep up the good work with the finger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That village-by-a-dam looks familiar--did you take me there a few years ago? We visited someplace similar on a day when everything there was closed. I'm glad your lunch was luscious and that your finger is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, you might be thinking of Montrésor, where we walked along a stream below the château.

      Delete
    2. Yup, Montrésor, that's it.

      Delete
  8. Thanks all, for the kind comments and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear the doctor is happy with the progress of your finger. :-)

    Last time we ate at the George Sand [about 4 yrs ago] it was a total disappointment. Back in the mid 1990's when we cane to the area on vacation it was very nice. If it has changed hands then we might try it again as it does have that great terrace over the river.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming restaurant! Sorry, I've been so busy this summer I haven't checked your blog much. Sorry to hear about the broken finger. I'll keep reading and find out what happened. Hope you and Walt are well. Miss you both!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?