29 August 2008

Webs and bunches

I'm posting late today. Didn't think I was going to be able to post at all. Had a medical appointment yesterday in Blois, and today in Saint-Aignan. Routine stuff, but it throws my daily routine all out of whack.

From the front side...

Day before yesterday I saw a nice spider web out in the vineyard.

...and from the back

And the grapes are really beaufiful right now.

Touraine wine grapes

This morning there were two little deer on the road through the woods, down the hill from our hamlet, when I went out at about 8:30. They are not scarce around here, but you don't get many glimpses of them. It's always exciting, somehow, to see them. They are always too quick for the camera (or the photographer).

Today I have to take the car in for it's first oil change and checkup in two years. It's a diesel and it needs an oil change every 20,000 km (12,000 mi.). I have to wait for the service to be done because I don't have other transportation. I guess I'll go shopping.

One of the things that needs to be done to the car is called
« la permutation des pneumatiques ». Doesn't that sound technical?

I'm also in the process of making rillons. That's a pork specialty here in the Touraine. More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?